This section focuses on the Soldermask Panels specifications and describes the criteria they need to meet for the correct functionality of the Technosystem Loader/Unloader DI V-III
Soldermask Panel specifications for DI V-III
Technosystem Loader/Unloader DI V-III loads Soldermask panels from Slotted Racks and Dry Film panels from L Racks.
Both the Soldermask and the Dry Film panels need to be the same size for the DI V-III Loader good functionality. This because different panel sizes have to go respectively on different Slotted and L Racks.
Moreover, for the correct functionality of the Technosystem DI V-III, Soldermask panels need to have the following specifications:
- First, they need to be properly cut with a CNC routing machine.
- Second, the panel edge must be cut straight with a maximum deviation of +- 0,05º and must align 90º to the opposite axis.
- Finally, panels must be flat with a maximum warpage of 0,2% According to IPC standards*.
*Flatness requirements are very important to avoid loading problems
Soldermask Panels orientation specifications for DI V-III
Loader/Unloader DI V-III loads Soldermask panels horizontally on the slotted racks (it is important to insert the long part of the panel into the slot).
Panel orientation on Slotted Racks in Nuvogo / Paragon / Express / Diamond and Ledia
With respect to Solder mask panels, the system is only able to accommodate panels wider than 545mm in width*.
*Panels with smaller size than 545mm in x and y will require a special execution, please discuss it with Technosystem engineers.
Slotted Rack capacity specifications for DI V-III
According to the customer requirements, every Slotted Rack can have 25 or 50 Slots.
Once the full Slotted rack is finished (side A+B) the loader will unload the Rack and enter a new one.
Panel non-useable area specifications
On solder mask panels where the non-useable area is less than 25mm from the edge of the panel, the suction cups will be in contact with functional areas of the PCB.
- Maximum thickness 2mm with a maximum copper thickness of 105 microns on the external layers.
- Minimum thickness 50-micron dielectric + copper on 2 sides. Flexible material (PI) coming from rolls excluded. For Flexible material (PI) the option, loading from horizontal boxes, needs to be implemented ( optional).
* Please discuss Other thickness with Technosystem Engineers